Sunday, June 13, 2021
I was looking to get online cloud storage option for a long time, however most service online cloud storage service provider in the market lacks one feature or the other and it stops me for getting one. In this article I wanted to detail about the showstopper in each of the online cloud storage options.
- OneDrive: It has one of the most affordable online cloud storage option and access to its office suite. However, it lacks in the following.
- Google photos like organizing photos/videos and lack of Chromecast support for iOS.
- Lack of bundled apps like music streaming or video platform
- Microsoft editor support for Mac word application
- Google photos: It has one of the most advanced photos backup solution and video compression tech with inbuilt Chromecast support. However, following are its drawback.
- Expensive cloud storage option for family
- No FREE access to office suite of applications
- Lack of bundled applications subscription like music streaming or video platform
- iCloud: It will be the most preferred online cloud storage option for iOS ecosystem and advanced tech solution for photos/videos. However, it lacks in the following.
- Most expensive online cloud storage option, if bundled with all apps access.
- Lack of Chromecast support for its inbuilt photos' app or iCloud Drive
- Lack of access to most used office suite of apps.
For more such insights, please feel free to check out the articles published in G R Team Sites.
Monday, May 17, 2021
I feel in love with my AirPods Pro and each day I was surprised about its technical marvel in such smaller design. However, there are few things that I do not like in AirPods Pro, and I wanted to detail the same in this blog post. Following are the things that I do not like in AirPods Pro.
- Support for older Macs: Even-though AirPods Pro connects with older MacBook Pro’s like 2012 models, the features are limited and lack auto connectivity feature. So, while I watch movie or videos in MacBook Pro and suddenly, I get a call on my iPhone, the AirPods Pro does not switch to my iPhone automatically. I understand that I can take calls in my Mac through same Wi-Fi network and sometimes when I attend call through Mac, the call quality was poor and there was huge delay in audio.
- Unwanted Noise-cancellation feature while taking calls: Noise cancellation feature in AirPods Pro was one of the unique and stand-alone option among other similar headphones. However, while taking calls with noise cancellation feature was turned on, your voice might be too loud without knowing how loud your voice was and sometimes the voice seems to be too low for the person in other end of the call. So, AirPods Pro should have an in-built option to turn-off noise cancellation feature while taking phone calls.
- Lack of spatial audio content and limited availability: AirPods Pro support spatial audio and Apple demonstrated the feature using Apple TV+. However, it has been more than a year since the feature was launched and the spatial audio option was limited only to Apple TV+ till now. There were rumours that other OTT platforms would also adopt spatial audio, and none has adopted for a long time. Due to this, I have not been using spatial audio feature in Airpods Pro and at time forget that such feature exists.
Thursday, April 15, 2021
For a long time, I was thinking to replace my old MacBook Pro and find new one that can hold for a long time. The most important thing that is stopping me from getting new laptop is the pricing from Apple. Even though Apple charges premium price for its products, the pricing was justifiable for the following reasons
- Reliability and quality: The finishing of the Apple products was always top notch, and the reliability cannot be compared with any other Laptop in its category. Example: If Apple promises that battery will perform better till its reaches 500 cycles, then users can be sure of its performance till the committed baseline and sometimes even exceeding the standards
- Operating system: Mac operating system is one of the best and it performs all tasking thrown at it with ease. One more interesting thing I like about Mac operating system is that I am a normal laptop user and will not do much work other than browsing, movies and office productive works. With this usage, I do not even care about installing separate anti-virus software and I will also be cautious about clicking links and in-built alerts from operating system.
- RAM management: Another important thing I link about using Mac operating system is that I do not need to clear up my RAM manually and all the processing is taken care by the core operating system.
Monday, January 18, 2021
The Project Management Office or PMO in the IT world is nothing but a team comprising of various stakeholders such as Project Manager, Delivery Manager, project coordinator and Business Owner. The PMO office ultimate goal is to take complete ownership of the deliverables and manage day-to-day activities delivered by IT team. The following areas to be completely owned and controlled by the PMO team:
- Responsible for steering the IT project to success by working closely with the business owner/experts.
- Develop and track detailed and integrated project work schedule and allocate resources against the schedule
- Periodically appraise the business owner/group and other project stake holders of the project progress and issues that requires attention
- Assign task(s) to the project team, and review the progress of the tasks
- Set project quality goals and review deliverables against these goals
- Set and monitor project budget and costs to ensure delivering the project within the budget
- Continuously communicate the various project stake holders to align them towards set project goals
- Periodically track and assess the project risks and develop plans to mitigate such risks